More work on my React corse today. Made it through the begining section that covered the rest of the basics and even completed my first react project assignment, ~wooo. Today I’m just going to cover the rest of the notes that I took during the lessons today.
- Use the label
Handlerto note handler methods inside of components
- DO NOT use
()for method calls, just pass reference
- Supported events: https://reactjs.org/docs/events.html#supported-events
- If state or props changes, react will check to see if something would change on DOM, and update to reflect those changes.
- These are the only two things that can be used to cause an update on the page
- State should only be updated in select components (containers). The rest of the smaller components should NOT change the state.
Method References between Components
- You can pass in a method of one component to another using props
- Can use
bindto pass in a parameter to a method
- Can also use a function call to do the update
- Can affect performance, bind is recommended.